每天分享一篇中英雙語閱讀,對英語口語的練習很有幫助,也是積累英語考試中寫作,翻譯素材的好資料,加油吧!
I Want Nothing 我一無所求
Tagore 泰戈爾
I asked nothing,
only stood at the edge of the wood behind the tree.
我一無所求,
只站在林邊樹后。
Languor was still upon the eyes of the dawn,
and the dew in the air.
倦意還逗留在黎明的眼上,
露潤在空氣里。
The lazy smell of the damp grass hung in the thin mist above the earth.
濕草的懶味懸垂在地面的薄霧中。
Under the banyan tree you were milking the cow with your hands,
tender and fresh as butter.
在榕樹下你用乳油般柔嫩的手擠著牛奶。
And I was standing still.
我沉靜地站立著。
I did not come near you.
我沒有走近你。
The sky woke with the sound of the gong at the temple.
天空和廟里的鑼聲一同醒起。
The dust was raised in the road from the hoofs of the driven cattle.
街塵在驅走的牛蹄下飛揚。
With the gurgling pitchers at their hips,
women came from the river.
把汩汩發響的水瓶摟在腰上,
女人們從河邊走來。
Your bracelets were jingling,
and foam brimming over the jar.
你的釧鐲丁當,
乳沫溢出罐沿。
The morning wore on and I did not come near you.
晨光漸逝而我沒有步近你。