我先問大家一個問題:你們家里有什么東西是取之不盡用之不完的?
答案是:幾乎沒有。
既然任何東西都有用完的時候,那我們該怎么去表達這個“用完了”呢?
Now, let’s take a look.
第一種表達方法:
be out of sth. 用完,用盡
這個句型的主語通常是人。For example:
(1). We are almost out of toothpaste. 我們的牙膏快用完了。
(2). The online supermarket will deliver goods to your home when you are out of eggs or anything else.當你的雞蛋或者其他東西用完的時候,在線超市會給你送貨到家。
(3). Sorry, the number you dialed is out of service. 對不起,您所撥打的電話已停機。(這是接線員通常會說的話,是不是很熟悉?)
第二種表達方法:
run out of sth. 用完,耗盡,花光
(1). Hurry up! We are running out of time. 快點!我們沒有時間了。
(2). If I can’t find a job in a month, I will run out of money quickly.如果我不能在一個月內找到工作,我的錢很快就會花光。
(3). If we keep wasting water, we will run out of it. 如果我們繼續浪費水資源,水資源就會用盡。
第三種表達方法:
use up 用完,用盡
(1). I have used up my money and have to borrow some from my parents.
我把錢用光了,只好向父母借一些。
(2). You will use up your phone’s battery very quickly by playing this game. 玩這款游戲會讓你的手機電池很快耗盡。
OK! That’s it for today. See you next time!