地道是學習語言的不變追求,本文整理了25個關于愛情的地道習語,希望對大家有所幫助。
1.FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEBODY
1.墜入愛河
start feeling love towards somebody
對某人產生感情
I think I’m falling in love with my best friend. What should I do?
我好像喜歡上了自己的好朋友,怎么辦?
2. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT
2.一見鐘情
falling in love with somebody the first time you see them
初次見面,便喜歡某人
My wife and I met at a party. It was love at first sight.
我和妻子在一次聚會上相識。我們一見鐘情。
3. BE AN ITEM
3.確立戀愛關系
two people are an item when they are having a romantic relationship
兩人交往時確立戀愛關系
I didn’t know Chris and Sue was an item. They didn’t even look at each other at dinner.
我一點也沒發現克里斯和蘇在一起了。他們兩吃飯時從不看彼此。
4. MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN
4.天作之合
a relationship in which the two people are great together, because they complement each other so well
一段戀愛中,兩人十分融洽,因為他們有了彼此才完整。
Do you think Matt and Amanda will get married?
-I hope they will. They’re a match made in heaven.
你認為馬特和阿曼達會結婚嗎?
-希望如此。他兩簡直是絕配。
5. BE HEAD OVER HEELS (IN LOVE)
5.死心塌地
be in love with somebody very much
深深陷入愛情
Look at them. They’re head over heels in love with each other.
看他們,愛的死心塌地,神魂顛倒。
6. BE LOVEY-DOVEY
6.卿卿我我
expressing your love in public by constantly kissing and hugging
在公眾場合親吻擁抱,卿卿我我。
I don’t want to go out with Jenny and David. They’re so lovey-dovey, I just can’t stand it.
我不想跟詹妮和大衛一起出去。他兩總是卿卿我我,真讓人受不了。
7. HAVE THE HOTS FOR SOMEBODY
7.為某人所傾倒
finding somebody extremely attractive
認為某人格外耀眼
Nadine has the hots for the new apprentice. I wouldn’t be surprised if she asked him out.
納丁總是為新學徒所吸引。要是她約他出去,我一點也會不驚訝。
8. PUPPY LOVE
8.初戀
short-term adolescent love
少男少女之間的短暫愛情
My son is only twelve, but he’s already in love. Isn’t it a bit too early?
-Don’t worry, it’s only puppy love. It won’t last.
我兒子雖然才十二歲,但已經開始戀愛了。會不會太早了?
-別擔心,初戀是短暫的。
9. DOUBLE DATE
9.四人約會
two couples going out together on a date
兩對戀人一起約會
I’m so glad you and Tom’s brother are an item. From now on we can go on double-dates.
你能和湯姆的兄弟在一起真是太好了。現在我們可以一起約會了。
10. ON THE ROCKS
10.瀕于破裂
if there are problems in a relationship, we may say it’s on the rocks
如果關系中出現問題,可以用瀕于破裂形容
I wonder if they will call off the wedding. Their relationship seems to be on the rocks.
我覺得他們很難修成正果。畢竟二人之間的關系趨于破裂。
11. LOVE RAT
11.負心漢
somebody who cheats on his/her partner
某人有外遇
Don’t even think about asking Jane out. How could you look your wife in the eye? Don’t be a love rat.
不要妄想約珍出來。想想要怎么面對自己的妻子?別做負心漢。
12. POP THE QUESTION
12.求婚
ask somebody to marry you
向某人求婚
So, did Ben pop the question last night?
-No, he didn’t. He just took me out for dinner and that’s all.
那么,班向你求婚了么?
-沒有,只是約我出去吃飯。
13. TIE THE KNOT
13.永結同心
get married
結婚
When are you and Jenny going to tie the knot?
-This year, but we haven’t set a date yet.
打算跟詹妮什么時候結婚?
-今年,但還沒確定哪天。
14. BLIND DATE
14.相親
when two people who have never seen each other before go on a date
從未見面的男女經第三者安排所作的約會
My sister keeps organizing blind dates for me. She’d just love to fix me up with someone.
姐姐總為我安排相親。她總是喜歡給我安排對象。
15. FIX SOMEBODY UP (WITH SOMEBODY)
15.撮合某人
find a romantic partner for somebody
給某人介紹對象
I’m not going to the party unless you promise me you won’t try to fix me up with another friend of yours.
除非你許諾不會給我介紹對象,否則我不會參加聚會的。
16. THOSE THREE LITTLE WORDS
16.小小的三個字
I love you
我愛你
I think he loves me, but he hasn’t said those three little words yet.
我想他是愛我的,盡管他從未說過我愛你。
17. WALK OUT ON SOMEBODY
17.甩掉某人
leave your partner and end the relationship
離開伴侶,結束感情。
You’re the second men to walk out on me. I won’t let it happen ever again.
你是第二個離開我的男人,不會再有下次了。
18. LEAVE SOMEBODY AT THE ALTAR
18.悔婚
decide not to marry somebody just before the wedding
婚前逃婚
I’ve just met my ex-boyfriend. I think I still have feelings for him.
-But you’re about to get married to John. Are you going to leave him at the altar?
剛見到了前男友,我對他仍有感情。
-但你就要和約翰結婚了。你要悔婚么?
19. BREAK UP/ SPLIT UP (WITH SOMEBODY)
19.分手
end the relationship
結束感情
Have you heard? Marian and Joseph have split up. I wonder what went wrong. They were so good together.
聽說了么?瑪麗安和約瑟夫分手了。真想不通,他們曾經那么好。
20. KISS AND MAKE UP
20.和好
make peace after an argument
爭執后重歸于好
Our relationship is like a roller-coaster ride. We fight nearly every day, but then we always kiss and make up.
我們之間的感情,就像坐過山車。天天爭吵,之后又和好。
21. Madly in love
21.熱戀
to be deeply or extremely in love with somebody
深深愛上某人
They are madly in love, they love and trust each other and will always be loyal to one another.
他們深深相戀,相互愛護,相互信任,永遠忠誠。
22. Make love
22.做愛
to refer to sexual intercourse
發生性關系
They made love for the first time.
他們第一次做愛。
23. No love lost between
23.相互厭惡
there is a mutual animosity between two people
彼此厭惡
There is no love lost between the two colleagues, they have never liked each other.
這兩位同事彼此厭惡,毫無感情。
24. For love nor money
24.無論怎樣也不
this idiom means that a person won’t do something no matter what is offered to them
該習語表示無論怎樣也不會回心轉意
I won’t sell this house, it is my family home. It has been in the family for decades! I won’t sell it for love nor money, there is nothing that you can say or do that will change my mind.
我不會賣掉這所房子,這里是我的家。已經存在了幾十年!無論如何,不管你怎么說我也不會改變主意。
25. Blinded by love
25.愛昏了頭
when a person is so madly in love with somebody that they can’t see the persons faults or negative characteristics
處于熱戀中的人,看不到對方的缺點或不足
She is so blinded by love that she can’t see him for who he truly is. He is not a good person, he is rude and disrespectful to everyone around him, including her.
她簡直是愛昏了頭,壓根沒看到他的本來面目。他對周圍的人粗魯、傲慢,并非良人。