一、Oh 表示驚訝、指責、痛苦、稱贊、懊惱等,可譯為“哦”、“哎呀”、“噢”“啊”、“呀”等。
1. "Oh, who was that?" Mr. Black asked。“哦,是誰?”布萊克先生問。
2. "Oh, how blind you are!" he cried。“哎呀,你們真瞎!”他大聲道。
3. "Oh, oh!" he cried. "My stomach! My head! oh! oh!“哎呀,哎喲!”他大聲道,“我的肚子!我的頭!哎喲!哎喲!”
4.Oh, learned judge! Oh, wise young man. 噢,博學的法官!噢,聰明的年輕人!
二、Ah 表示驚奇、高興、討厭、懊悔、藐視、威脅等,可譯為“呀、啊”等。
1. Ah, yes, Jeanne married a man with a lot of money. 啊,對啦,珍妮嫁給了一個很有錢的人。
2. "Ah, what splendid clothes!" thought the Emperor。“啊!多華麗的衣服啊!”皇帝想。
3. Ah, how pitiful! 呀,多可惜!
4. Ah, here is the thing I am after. 哎呀,我找的東西在這兒呢。
三、come表示鼓勵、不耐煩、引起注意、安慰等,可譯為“喂、好吧、說吧、得啦”等。
1.Oh, come, Mathilde. Surely you can tell an old friend. 嗨,說吧,瑪蒂爾德,你對老朋友說說總是可以的吧。
2.Come, we must hurry. 喂,我們得趕緊啦!
3.Come, come, get him his change. Tod, get him his change. 好吧,好吧,托德,快把錢找給他,快把錢找給他。
4. Come, come! What were you really doing behind the bicycle sheds? 喂!喂!你還在車棚里磨蹭啥?
四、dear表示后悔、難過、憐憫、同情、吃驚、盼望等,可譯為“哎呀、天哪”等。
1. Dear! What awful weather! 哎呀!多糟的天氣!
2. Oh, dear, dear! Where can Harry be? 天哪,天哪,亨利會在哪兒?
3. Dear, dear! Where have I put my keys? 哎呀,我把鑰匙放在哪兒啦?
4. "Dear me," he said to himself, "Am I foolish or unfit for my office?" "哎呀!"他心里嘀咕著,“我是愚蠢呢還是不稱職?”
五、well表示快慰、讓步、期望、譏諷、解釋、責備、猶豫等,可譯為“好吧、不過、好啦、嗯”等。
1. Well, your father has found him in the garage. 好啦,你父親在車庫里找到他了。
2. Are you sure? Well, perhaps you, are right. 你能肯定嗎?嗯,也許你說得對。
3. Well, you must come to lunch tomorrow. 不過,你明天一定要來吃午飯。
4. I handed the note to him and said, "Oh, very well, I apologize." 我把那張票子遞給了他,說道:“啊,好極了,我向你道歉。”
5. Well, why don’t you make a notice like theirs? 那么,你為什么不做個像他們那樣的廣告牌呢?
六、now 表示警告、命令、請求、說明、安慰籌,可譯為“喂、喏、好了”等,有時也可不必譯出。
1. Now, now, you two; Don’t fight again. 喂,喂,你們倆,別再打了。
2. Now, now, my boy! It’s all right! There’s no need to cry! 好了,好了,孩子,沒事了,別哭了。
3. Now, let’s play basketball. 喏,咱們打籃球吧!
4. Now, lift me up, Doctor, lift me up. Where is he? 把我扶起來吧,醫生,把我扶起來。他在哪里?