When Love Beckons You
愛的召喚
When love beckons to you, follow him, though his ways are hard and steep.
當愛召喚你時,請追隨它,盡管愛之道路艱難險峻。
And when his wings enfold you, yield to him, though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.
當愛的羽翼擁抱你時,請順從它,盡管隱藏在其羽翼之下的利刃可能會傷到你。
And when he speaks to you, believe in him, though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden.
當愛向你訴說時,請相信它,盡管它的聲音可能打破你的夢想,就如同北風吹落花園里所有的花瓣。
For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you.
愛會給你戴上桂冠,也會折磨你。
Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.
愛會助你成長,也會給你修枝。
Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun, so shall he descend to our roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.
愛會上升到枝頭,撫愛你在陽光下顫動力的嫩枝,也會下潛至根部,撼動力你緊抓泥土的根基。
But if, in your fear, you would seek only love’s peace and love’s pleasure,
但是,如果你在恐懼之中只想尋求愛的平和與快樂,
then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love’s threshing-floor,
那你就最好掩蓋真實的自我,避開愛的考驗,
into the seasonless world where you shall laugh,
進入不分季節的世界,在那里你將歡笑,
but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.
但并非開懷大笑,你將哭泣,但并非盡情地哭。
Love gives naught but it self and takes naught but from itself.
愛只將自己付出,也只得到自己。
Love possesses not, nor would it be possessed, for love is sufficient unto love.
愛一無所有,也不會為誰所有,因為愛本身就已自足。
Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
愛除了實現自我別無他求。
But if you love and must have desires, let these be your desires:
但是如果你愛而又不得不有所求,那就請期望:
To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
將自己融化并像奔流的溪水一般向夜晚吟唱自己優美的曲調。
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
明了過多的溫柔所帶來的苦痛。
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
被自己對愛的理解所傷害;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
并情愿快樂地悲傷。
To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
在黎明帶著輕快的心醒來并感謝又一個有家的日子;
To rest at the noon hour and meditate love’s ecstasy;
在中午時分休息并冥想愛的心醉神迷;
To return home at eventide with gratitude ;
在黃昏懷著感恩之心回家;
And then to sleep with a payer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.
然后為內心所愛之人祈禱,吟唱贊美之歌,并帶著禱告和歌聲入眠。