每天分享一篇中英雙語閱讀,對英語口語的練習很有幫助,也是積累英語考試中寫作,翻譯素材的好資料,加油吧!
Ode to the Oak—Shu Ting
If I fall in love with you—
我如果愛你——
I will never resemble clambering trumpet creeper,
絕不像攀援的凌霄花,
To flaunt myself by your high branches.
借你的高枝炫耀自己;
If I fall in love with you—
我如果愛你——
I will never imitate spoony birds,
絕不學癡情的鳥兒,
To repeat simple melody for green shade.
為綠蔭重復單調的歌曲;
I will not only resemble a wellspring,
也不止像泉源,
To bring you cool consolation perennially;
常年送來清涼的慰籍;
I will not only resemble steepy mountains,
也不止像險峰,
To increase your altitude or set off your dignified manner.
增加你的高度,襯托你的威儀。
Even not only sunlight,
甚至日光。
Even not only spring rain,
甚至春雨。
No, these are not enough!
不,這些都還不夠!
I must be a kapok beside you,
我必須是你近旁的一株木棉,
As an image of tree I stand with you.
做為樹的形象和你站在一起。
Our roots hold tightly in the earth,
根,緊握在地下,
Our leaves touch gently in the clouds.
葉,相觸在云里。
As each breeze passes, we salute each other,
每一陣風過,我們都互相致意,
But no one understand our own words.
但沒有人,聽懂我們的言語。
You have your iron trunk and copper branch
你有你的銅枝鐵干,
Like a knife, a sword and a halberd as well;
像刀,像劍,也像戟,