Me and my mom lived on the street.我和媽媽居住的地方臨著馬路。
I loved to pick flowers.我喜歡采花兒。
One day I was walking to the retail store一天我步行去零售店
and I saw a a bright blue flower with a little purple.我看到一朵花兒,花瓣是純凈的藍色,還帶一點點紫色
So as I always do, I picked it.一如往常,我摘下了這朵花
I went home and showed it to my mom.我回家,把它給媽媽看
That night I slept with the flower那天晚上,我把那朵花放在床頭陪我入眠
because it gave me this good feeling inside.因為它讓我內心感受到了美好
I always wished before bed入睡前我總會許愿
that one day we would live in a nice big family house,希望有一天,我們會住在好看的大房子里
my mom would find a dad,希望我媽媽給我找個新爸爸
we would have a dog, 2 nice cars, a little sister,希望家里有一只小狗,有兩年私家車,還有一個小妹妹
and that we would have a good amount of money.希望我們會有一大筆錢
That night when I wished, the flower lit up into a very bright light.那天晚上,我許完愿的時候,那朵花突然開始發光,變成了一個明亮的光團
The next day i went to my mom crying.第二天,我聽到媽媽在哭泣,趕忙跑過去
I asked her what was wrong and she said nothing,我問她發生了什么事,她說沒什么
she just got a paycheck and it is worth 300,000 dollars.她剛收到一份工資支票,30萬美元!
That’s enough to buy a house I thought.這么多錢,夠買一幢大房子了吧,我想
Then I thought of the flower. 然后我想到了那朵花兒
It had to be. 一定是因為它
Three weeks later we moved in to a big house三個星期后,我們搬到了一所大房子里
and we had a little goldendoodle .我們還養了一只可卡布犬
I kept the flower in a vase on my desk just in case.我把那朵花放進花瓶,就擺在我的書桌上,以備日后之需