Sympathy n. 同情(心);同情;(感情上的)支持
I have great sympathy for people in affliction. 我對那些受苦受難的人們充滿同情。
His wretchedness aroused our sympathy. 他的不幸激起了我們的同情。
Let me convey my deep sympathy to you. 允許我向您表示最深切的同情。
I show my deep sympathy to you for what you’re suffering. 我對你遭遇的這一切深表同情。
I have some sympathy with that point of view. 我比較贊成這種看法。
sympathize vi. 同情,支持
I know you feel angry, and I sympathize. 我知道你感到憤怒,我也有同感。
I sympathize with you; I’ve had a similar unhappy experience myself. 我很同情你,我自己也有過類似的不幸遭遇。
He could neither understand nor sympathize with my eagerness. 對于我的急切心情,他既無法理解也不能體諒。
I really sympathize with your sufferings. 我對你的痛苦表示真誠的同情。
I sympathize with you from the bottom of my heart. 我打心底里同情你。
總結:
Show / convey sympathy to somebody for something
Sympathize with something/somebody
Oh, poor man, come on, let me give you a hug, I sympathize with you from the bottom of my heart. Please take my sympathy for your sufferings. Loss of 2 dollars is not that bad, here’s my 5 dollars. 可憐的人呢,過來,讓我給你一個擁抱,我從心底里同情你。請接受我對你的痛苦的同情。丟了2塊錢也沒那么糟,這是我的5塊錢,收下吧。