Chapter 102 Quitting Time ;102. 下班時間
1.Let’s call it a day. 2.Let’s wrap things up for the day. ;1.今天到此為止。 2.我們今天做到 這兒結束。
3.If you don’t mind, I’d like to go now. ;3.如果你不介意的話, 我想下班走了。
4.It’s quitting time. Sir,May I leave now? ;4.現在已到下班時間。 先生,我可以走了嗎?
5.She’s gone for the day. ;5.她已下班了。
Chapter 103. Working Environment ;103. 工作環境
1.Which outfit are you with? 2.He runs a tight ship. ;1.你是哪個單位的? 2.他管理著一個高效率 的辦公室。
3.Folks work here like one big happy family. ;3.這里的同事們, 親切得像一家人。
4.I would like a transfer. ;4.我想調到另一部門。
5.Illegal aliens are often put to work in sweatshops. ;5.非法居留的人常被 弄去血汗坊做苦工。
6.Most people hate manual labor. ;6.大部分的人都討厭 體力工作。
Chapter 104. Getting Fired ;104. 解雇
1.You’re always late. ;1.你老是遲到。
2.A:Sorry I’m late. B:It’s okay this time, but don’t make it a habit. ;2.A:抱歉我來遲了。 B:這次沒關系,但不要 養成(遲到的)習慣。
3.His days of working here are numbered. ;3.他在這兒工作的 日子不長了。
4.You’re trying to kick me out. 5.He’s paying me off. ;4.你存心趕我走。 5.他想用錢逼我辭職。
6.I can’t afford to lose that job. 7.I’m afraid that I have to let you go. ;6.我丟不起那份工作。 7.我不得不請 你離開公司。
8.There are too many employees and not enough work. ;8.我們的雇員太多而 沒足夠的工作做。
9.He was fired for unethical conduct. ;9.他因行為不檢 而被解聘。
10.The fool who did this is fired. ;10.我要開除了干 這種事的蠢才。
11.They booted him out 12.I can find plenty of people to replace you. ;11.他們把他革職了。 12.我可以找到許多人 來取代你。
13.I got laid off last week. 14.She just got the ax 15.I lost my job. ;13.我上星期被解雇。 14.她剛剛被炒了魷魚。 15.我掉了差。
16.Your getting fired was a blessing in disguise.Now you’ve found a better job. ;16.你被革職反倒因禍 得福,你現在的工作 比從前更好。
Chapter 105. Quitting A Job ;105. 辭職
1.Go ahead and quit! I’ll find someone else! ;1.你盡管辭職不干, 我會另請高明!
2.If he wants to go, let him go. ;2.如果他執意要走, 就讓他走。
3.There are plenty of fish in the sea. ;3.要找工作做的人 多的是。
4.You are not the one and only. ;4.天底下又不光是你 一個男(女)人。
5.It’s your decision if and when you quit. ;5.辭不辭職和幾時走, 都取決于你。
6.He no longer works here. ;6.他不在這里上班了。
7.If you leave here, nobody can take your place. ;7.如果你走了, 沒人能接你的工作。
8.Nowadays,young people just pick up and leave. 9.He took my place. ;8.這年頭的年輕人 說走就走。 9.他取代了我的職位。
Chapter 106. Change Of Career ;106. 變更職業
1.This is a dead end job. 2.Is this a temporary career? ;1.這份工作沒出息。 2.你這是沒馬找馬騎 (的工作)嗎?
3.Being a taxi driver is too small for you. ;3.當出租車司機, 你未免太大材小用。
4.You need a more challenging job. ;4.你需要一份更充滿 挑戰性的工作。
5.Your talents merit a much higher position. ;5.你的才干可擔當 更高的職位。
6.Does law interest you? ;6.你對法律這一行 感興趣嗎?
7.Why don’t you try a change of scenery? ;7.你干嘛不換個差事呢?
8.A:Are you looking for a better job? ;8.A:你在找一份更好 的工作嗎?
B:I’m grateful for the one I’ve got. ;B:我有這份工作就 已很感激了。
9.He jumped ship. ;9.他棄職潛逃。
Chapter 107. Boss ;107. 老板
1.I’m my own boss and answer to no one. ;1.我自己當老板, 不用對誰負責。
2.The boss always gets the headache. ;2.公司里出了什么問題, 總是老板在擔憂。
3.I’m the one who can’t sleep at night. 4.He’s the boss. ;3.我是那個每晚 無法成眠的人。 4.他是老板。
5.A good boss takes no nonsense. ;5.一個好老板,不會 聽任他的屬下胡來。
6.Must we maintain this ridiculous boss-employee relationship? ;6.我們非得保持這種 可笑的老板-雇員關系 嗎?
7.Here comes the boss and he’s on the warpath. ;7.老板殺氣騰騰地 走過來了。
8.My boss really chewed me out. ;8.老板把我罵得 狗血淋頭。
9.The boss has gone on quite a rampage. ;9.最近老板心緒不好, 老是罵伙計。
Chapter 108. Labor Problems ;108. 勞資問題
1.There are always labor problems. 2.I can’t hold those guys in check. ;1.老是有勞資糾紛。 2.我控制不了這些人。
3.Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. ;3.用不著和你的老板 過不去。
4.Remember,a boss always wants a day’s work for a day’s pay. ;4.你要記得,做老板的都 希望你領一天的薪水, 踏實地干一天的活。
5.I got off on the wrong foot with the new boss. ;5.我一開始工作,就給 新老板留下了壞印象。
6.The boss is always right. ;6.老板永遠是對的。
Chapter 109. Striking ;109. 罷工
1.The workers are holding a sit-down strike. 2.He’s a scab. ;1.工人在舉行靜坐罷工。 2.他是個奸細。
Chapter 110. Lousy Worker ;壞員工
1.You don’t belong here. 2.I can’t handle this job. ;1.你不適合在這兒 (工作)。 2.這工作我做不來。
3.He’s not up to the job. 4.I have a very fussy sidekick. ;3.他無法勝任那份工作。 4.我有個婆婆媽媽的幫手
5.He always does a half-assed job. ;5.他做事老是虎頭蛇尾。
6.It’s a pathetic effort. 7.She keep lousing up at work. ;6.這是白費力氣。 7.她的工作不斷出錯。
Chapter 111. Good Worker ;111. 好員工
1.He’s an ace in my hand. ;1.他是我手中的一張王牌
2.Sometimes,I forget how useful you are! ;2.有時,我竟忘了你多么 能干。
3.He’s my right-hand man. 4.You’re absolutely indispensable. ;3.他是我的得力助手。 4.少了你辦不成事。
5.He’s the ideal worker. 6.You’re one of the best men I’ve got. ;5.他是理想的工人。 6.你是我手下的最佳 之干才。
7.You’re the straw that stirs the drink. ;7.你是我們當中的推動力
8.You’re one of a kind. 9.No one can take your place. ;8.你無與倫比。 你獨一無二。 9.沒人能取代你的地位。
10.You’re irreplaceable. 11.You’re the mainstay here. ;10.你無可取代。 11.你是這兒的臺柱人物。
12.He’s a jerk,but he gets the job done. ;12.雖然他不好相處, 但卻能勝任份內工作