1. Stop playing the fool. / Don’t act stupid. 別裝傻了。
A: Honey, would you please put the dishes in the dishwasher?
親愛的,你能把碗碟放進洗碗機里嗎?
B: I don’t know how to run it.
我不知道怎么操作。
A: Stop playing the fool!
別裝傻了!
2. Who do you think you are?
你以為你是誰啊?(毫不客氣地說)
A: You shouldn’t talk to your children that way.
你不該這么跟你的孩子們說話。
B: Who do you think you are? Mind your own business.
你以為你是誰啊?管好自己的事吧。
3. Any complaints? / Do you have something to say?
你有何不滿?/你有什么話要說嗎?
A: Can I see the work schedule for next week?
我能看看下星期的日程表嗎?
B: Here it is. Do you have something to say?
這就是。你有什么要說嗎?
4. That’s more like it. 這才像話。(像個長者在說)
A: Don’t talk to your brother that way!
別跟你哥哥那么說話!
B: I’m sorry I insulted you, Jimmy.
對不起,我侮辱了你,吉米。
A: That’s more like it.
那這像話。
5. Do it yourself, then. 既然如此,你自己來吧。
A: That’s not the way I wanted it done.
這可不是我想要的方式。
B: Do it yourself, then.
那你自己來唄。