邀請朋友相聚
We’re going to have a few friends over at my house.
我的幾個朋友準備在我家聚一聚。
A: We’re going to have a few friends over at my house. Would you like to come?
我們幾個朋友準備在我家聚一聚,你能來嗎?
B:Absolutely.
當然要去。
We have a party tonight.Would you like to come?
我們晚上有個派對,你來嗎?
A: We have a party tonight. Would you like to come?
我們晚上有個派對,你來嗎?
B:I’d love to.
我很愿意來。
I want to buy you a drink.
我想請你喝杯酒。
A:I want to buy you a drink.
我想請你喝杯酒。
B:That’s great.
那太好了。
buy sb.sth.= buy sth.for sb.意為“給某人買某物”。
Could you come to my house for a beer?
到我家來一起喝一杯怎么樣?
A: Could you come to my house for a beer?
到我家來一起喝一杯怎么樣?
B:I’d love to.
我很愿意。
I’d like to have you dance with me tonight.
我想約你今晚和我跳舞去。
If you are not doing anything, would you like to go dancing?
如果你沒有其他事,去跳舞怎么樣?
A: I’d like to have you dance with me tonight. Are you free?
我想約你今晚和我跳舞去,你有時間嗎?
B:Yes.
有時間。
What are you doing over the weekend?
這個周末你打算干什么?
A: What are you doing over the weekend?
這個周末你打算干什么?
B:I’m thinking about it.
我正在考慮呢。
英美人在口語中常用現在進行時代替一般將來時,本句就是一例。
Do you have anything to do next Sunday?
你下個星期天有什么打算嗎?
A: Do you have anything to do next Sunday?
你下個星期天有什么打算嗎?
B: Up till now,I have no plan.
到目前為止我還沒想好。
I can wait your leisure.
我會等到你有空的時候。
A:I’m very busy. Don’t call me any more today.
我很忙。今天別再給我打電話了。
B: I can wait at your leisure.
我會等到你有空的時候。
at one’s leisure“在某人有空時”
I’II call you when you have time.
等你有時間我再打電話給你。
A:Now I have something urgent to deal with.
我現在有急事需要處理。
B: Then I’ll call you when you have time.
那等你有時間我再打電話給你。
What’re you going to do on Tuesday night?
你星期二晚上準備做什么?
A: What’re you going to do on Tuesday night?
你星期二晚上準備做什么?
B:Why?
有什么事情嗎?