How strong are you?
你有多強大?
That is a tough question to answer, whether you are a man or a woman.
不管你是男人還是女人,這都是個很難回答的問題。
But, really, I want to ask… how do you define your strength?
但是,說實話,我想知道,你是怎么定義力量的呢?
How do you know your limits? How do you know just how much you’ve got?
你是如何了解自己的局限性?你怎么知道你能做到什么程度?
When push comes to shove, we often discover that we are much stronger than we think.
當壓力來臨時,我們會發現我們比想象中要更強大。
What is Strength?
什么是力量?
Strength is not always about pure physical strength. Rather, it is about willpower. Discipline. Drive. It is about the capacity to get things done.
力量并不僅僅指你的肌肉力量,它更多的指的是意志力、訓練、動力。是一種能夠做好事情的能力。
I know some people who are intellectually strong, but they get very little done in their jobs. And I know others who find work extremely challenging, but are able to move mountains by their sheer drive and hard work.
我知道有一些人雖然很聰明,但是他們在工作中能夠做好的事情卻很少。而另外一些人雖然知道工作很具有挑戰性,但他們仍能通過強大的動力和艱苦的工作來移動大山。
They possess inner strength.
他們具有強大的內心力量。
More interesting, is that these productive hard-workers often don’t even notice the load. Bystanders are not only amazed, but often ask, “How do you do it?”
更有趣的是,這些非常努力工作的人并沒有意識到工作量的巨大。旁觀者不僅感到很吃驚,而且還經常問,“你是怎么做到的?”
The answer usually comes back, “I just work harder than the others.”
經常得到這樣的回答,“我只是比別人更努力一些罷了。”
So, why are some people able to do more? What gives them added drive? What gives them extra strength?
所以,為什么有些人就能做到更多?他們的動力是哪里來的呢?是誰給予他們多余的力量?
Could it be, they have simply given themselves permission to do more?
還是,僅僅是他們自己給自己力量來做到更多?