Time Off—Vacation
空閑時光——度假
I haven’t had a vacation in a while.
我有段時間沒有度假了。
I think I’ll take one soon.
我想自己不久就會啟程。
I’m not sure where I’ll go or what I’ll do.
我不知道我要去哪里或我會做什么。
But I’m kind of leaning towards a place where I can go for long walks,
但是我有點傾向一個可以長時間散步的地方,
breathe fresh air and take some nice pictures.
呼吸新鮮空氣,拍一些漂亮的照片。
When I was a kid, I really looked forward to vacations.
當我還是個孩子的時候,我真的很期待假期。
Some of the vacations were the best.
有些假期是最好的。
It was a care free time.
那是完全自由的時間。
As I became older, I had to pay for my vacations.
而隨著我逐漸長大,我為自己的度假支付。
Planning became important.
計劃變得非常重要。
Time and money are always the big issues.
時間和金錢總是大問題。
After having a family of my own, vacations are more complicated.
在我擁有了自己的家庭后,度假變得更為復雜。
If I go, my boss decides when.
如果我要去的話,我的老板決定何時動身。
My wife decides where, and my kids decide how.
我的妻子決定到哪里去,而我的孩子們則決定怎樣去。
A vacation is supposed to be a time when you get away from work and recharge.
度假應該是一段你把注意力從工作中移開,并對自己進行充電的時間。
It’s a time to see something new.
這是去看新事物的時候。
It’s a time to extend your horizons, especially if you travel.
尤其是如果你去旅行,這是擴展你的視野的時候。
But it’s easy for the opposite to happen.
但是很容易發生相反的情況。
You can come back from a vacation feeling really tired.
你度假回來后會感覺真的很累。
You can finish a vacation thinking “I can’t wait to get back to work.”
你完成一個度假后會想“我等不及要回去工作了?!?/p>
And rather than extend your horizons,
而不是擴大你的視野,
you might merely dip into your bag.
你可能會握著你的荷包盤算。
Vacations aren’t cheap.
度假真心并不便宜。
It’s been a while since I had a vacation.
自從一個愉快的度假后已經有段時間了。
I might take one soon.
我可能很快就會再次度假。
(兼職編輯:楊帆)