每天分享一篇中英雙語閱讀,對英語口語的練習很有幫助,也是積累英語考試中寫作,翻譯素材的好資料,加油吧!
To His Coy Mistress
致羞怯的情人
文:Andrew Marvell 安德魯 馬維爾
朗讀:抖森
Had we but world enough, and time, this coyness, Lady, were no crime.
如果我們的世界夠大,時間夠多,小姐,這樣的羞怯就算不上罪過。
We would sit down and think which way to walk and pass our long love’s day.
我們會坐下來,想想該上哪邊去散步,度過我們漫漫的愛情天。
Thou by the Indian Ganges’ side shouldst rubies find: I by the tide of Humber would complain.
你會在印度的恒河河畔尋得紅寶石:我則咕噥抱怨,傍著洪泊灣的潮汐。
I would Love you ten years before the Flood, and you should, if you please, refuse till the conversion of the Jews.
我會在諾亞洪水前十年就將你愛,你如果高興,可以一直說不要,直到猶太人改信別的宗教。
My vegetable love should grow Vaster than empires, and more slow;
我植物般的愛情會不斷生長,比帝國還要遼闊,還要緩慢;
An hundred years should go to praise thine eyes and>我會用一百年的時間贊美你的眼睛,凝視你的額眉;
Two hundred to adore each breast; But thirty thousand to the rest;
花兩百年愛慕你的每個乳房,三萬年才贊賞完其它的地方;
An age at least to every part, and the last age should show your heart;
每個部位至少花上一個世代,在最后一世代才把你的心秀出來。
For Lady, you deserve this state, nor would I love at lower rate.
因為,小姐,你值得這樣的禮遇,我也不愿用更低的格調愛你。
But at my back I always hear Time’s winged chariot hurrying near; And yonder all before us lie Deserts of vast eternity.
可是在我背后我總聽見時間帶翼的馬車急急追趕;而橫陳在我們眼前的卻是無垠永恒的荒漠。
Thy beauty shall no more be found, Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound My echoing song:
你的美絕不會再現芳蹤,你大理石墓穴里,我的歌聲也不會回蕩:
Then worms shall try That long preserved virginity, And your quaint honour turn to dust, and into ashes all my lust:
那時蛆蟲將品嘗你那珍藏己久的貞操,你的矜持會化成灰塵,我的情欲會變成灰燼:
The grave’s a fine and private place, but none, I think, do there embrace.
墳墓是個隱密的好地方,但沒人會在那里擁抱,我想。
Now therefore, while the youthful hue sits>因此,現在趁青舂色澤還像朝露在你的肌膚停坐,趁你的靈魂自每個毛孔欣然散發出實時的火焰。
Now let us sport us while we may, and now, like amorous birds of prey, rather at>此刻讓我們能玩就玩個盡興;此刻,像發情的猛禽寧可一口把我們的時光吞掉,也不要在慢嚼的嘴里虛耗。
Let us roll all our strength and all our sweetness up into>讓我們把所有力氣,所有甜蜜,滾成一個圓球,粗魯狂猛地奪取我們的快感沖破一扇扇人生的鐵柵欄:
Thus, though we cannot make our sun stand still, yet we will make him run.
這樣,我們雖無法叫太陽駐足,卻可使他奔跑向前。