每天分享一篇中英雙語閱讀,對英語口語的練習很有幫助,也是積累英語考試中寫作,翻譯素材的好資料,加油吧!
There Is a Lady Sweet and Kind
There is a lady sweet and kind,
有一位女郎甜美和善
Was never face so pleas’d my mind;
她的容貌讓我愉悅非常;
I did but see her passing by,
看著她從身邊走過,
And yet I love her till I die.
我想愛她直到地老天荒。
Her gesture, motion, and her smiles,
她的舉止,她的微笑,
Her wit, her voice, my heart beguiles,
她的機智和聲音讓我心馳神往,
Beguiles my heart, I know not why,
讓我心馳神往,不知是何原因,
And yet I love her till I die.
但我要愛她直到地老天荒。
Her free behaviour, winning looks,
奔放的姿容,驕人的模樣,
Will make a lawyer burn his books;
讓律師把法律拋舍;
I touch’d her not, alas! not I,
天哪,我自愧不如,
And yet I love her till I die.
而且要愛她直到地老天荒。
Had I her fast betwixt mine arms,
如果我把她擁進懷里,
Judge you that think such sports were harms,
你覺得這會對她造成損傷,
Were’t any harm? no, no, fie, fie,
造成損傷?不會不會,
For I will love her till I die.
因為我要愛她直到地老天荒。
Should I remain confined there
我會繼續把她追求,
So long as Phoebus in his sphere,
只要世上還有太陽,
I to request, she to deny,
即使她總是拒絕,
Yet would I love her till I die.
我也要愛她直到地老天荒。
Cupid is winged and doth range,
丘比特展翅飛遍她的家鄉,
Her country so my love doth change:
我的愛人也隨著換了形象:
But change she earth, or change she sky,
變換天地我的愛也不變,
Yet will I love her till I die.
我要愛她直到地老天荒。