每天分享一篇中英雙語閱讀,對英語口語的練習很有幫助,也是積累英語考試中寫作,翻譯素材的好資料,加油吧!
Solitude 孤獨
作者:Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
你歡笑,世界陪你一起歡笑
Weep, and you weep alone;
你哭泣,卻只能獨自黯然神傷。
For the sad old earth must borrow its mirth,
只因古老而憂傷的大地必須注入歡樂,
But has trouble enough of its own.
它的煩惱已經足夠。
Sing, and the hills will answer;
你歌唱,山谷將與你合音共曲;
Sigh, it is lost on the air;
你嘆息,空氣將其無聲埋沒。
The echoes bound to a joyful sound,
快樂之聲總能引起回聲陣陣,
But shrink from voicing care.
憂慮之音卻令其銷聲匿跡。
Rejoice, and men will seek you;
你歡喜,人們會與你相隨;
Grieve, and they turn and go;
你悲傷,人們則會轉身離去。
They want full measure of all your pleasure,
人人都愿分享你全部的快樂,
But they do not need your woe.
但無人需要你的哀傷苦楚。
Be glad, and your friends are many;
快樂起來吧,你會擁有眾多朋友。
Be sad, and you lose them all,
若悲傷感懷,你會與他們失之交臂。
There are none to decline your nectared wine,
沒有人會拒絕與你共酌美酒甘露,
But alone you must drink life’s gall.
然而生活的苦汁你必須獨自品嘗。
Feast, and your halls are crowded;
饕餮盛宴,你的廳堂人潮涌動,
Fast, and the world goes by.
時光飛逝,這世界匆匆而過,
Succeed and give, and it helps you live,
成功、給予,是你生活的動力,
But no man can help you die.
然而沒有人能夠替你離世而去。
There is room in the halls of pleasure
因為歡愉的殿堂里,
For a long and lordly train,
容得下一節長長的豪華火車,
But one by one we must all file on
但我們必須一個接一個地排隊,
Through the narrow aisles of pain.
穿越歲月磨難的狹長隧道而進入。