每天分享一篇中英雙語閱讀,對英語口語的練習很有幫助,也是積累英語考試中寫作,翻譯素材的好資料,加油吧!
Five Balls of Life
生命中的五個球
Brian G. Dyson
Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air.
想象生命是一場不停丟擲五個球于空中的游戲。
You name them-work, family, health, friends and spirit and you’re keeping all of these in the air.
這五個球分別是工作、家庭、健康、朋友和心靈,你很努力地擲著這五個球,不讓它們落地。
You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball.
很快你就會了解工作是一個橡皮球,
If you drop it, it will bounce back.
如果你不幸失手落下它,它還會彈回來的。
But the other four balls-family, health, friends and spirit are made of glass.
但是家庭、健康、朋友和心靈這四個球是用玻璃做成的。
If you drop one of these,
一旦你失手落下,
they will be irrevocably scuffed,
它們將無法再像以前那樣。
marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered.
它們可能會少了一角,留下無法挽回的記號、刻痕、損壞甚至碎落一地。
They will never be the same.
它們將無法再像以前那樣。
You must understand that and strive for balance in your life.
你必須了解這個道理,并且為了平衡你的生命而努力。
How? Don’t undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others.
別拿自己和他人比較,這只會降低你的價值。
It is because we are different that each of us is special.
因為我們都是獨一無二的,因為我們每一個人都很特別。
Don’t set your goals by what other people deem important.
別人認為重要的事不一定是你的目標。
Only you know what is best for you.
只有你自己知道什么是最適合你的。
Don’t take for granted the things that are closest to your heart.
不要將貼近你的心的人、事物視為理所當然。
Cling to them as they would be your life,
你必須將他們視為生命一般,
for without them, life is meaningless.
認真對待。因為沒有他們,生命將失去意義。
Don’t let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future.
別讓你的生命總是在依戀過去的種種或是在未來的寄望中逝去。
By living your life one day at a time,
如果你活在每個當下,
you live ALL the days of your life.
那就活好你生命中的每一天。