I don’t often eat lunch at work,工作的時候我經常不吃午飯
and tend to just work through the day and eat dinner when I get home.我習慣把一整天的時間都用來工作,回到家后再享受一頓晚餐
I was having a bad day,那天我心情很糟
it was around 4pm and I was struggling to make things happen.已經是下午四點鐘了,我正竭力讓一切順利起來
My boss, a wonderful lady, saw this and said "you ok?”.我的老板,一位溫和的女士,看到了我,問道,“你還好嗎?”
I said yeah,我說,還好吧
I’m just struggling a little right now because of x, y, and z.就是眼下有點焦頭爛額,因為這個,那個,如此這般
Then she did something that shocked me,接著她對我說了一句話,讓我大吃一驚
she said "Did you eat lunch?"她問,“你吃過午飯了嗎?”
Me: "No"我說,“沒有。”
Her: "Here, have some grapes"她說,“來,吃點葡萄吧!”
as she hands me a bag of grapes she had left from lunch.她隨即遞給我一袋子葡萄,這是她吃午餐時留下的。
That bag of grapes changed my day,這袋葡萄讓我的這一天煥然一新
and in turn changed my life at least a little.還讓我的人生起了變化,哪怕只有十分微小的變化
She literally mommed me.她對我的關懷簡直像對小孩子一樣。
Gave my 28 year old self a snack and a juice box我明明已經是28歲的大人了,她送我的零食和果汁,像是討好孩子的禮物
and it was the most caring thing I’ve ever had a boss do.這是我遇到的老板做過的最溫暖人心的事情。
翻譯:小木