I volunteer/work for my local aquarium.我在本地的一家水族館做義工
Today今天
I volunteered to help with our sick animals.我自愿去幫助那些生病的動物們
My job today我今天的工作
was to get a sad baby leopard shark to be happy again是讓一只憂傷的豹紋鯊重新快樂起來
as he was having tummy problems他的小肚子有些不舒服
(basically I massaged a shark all day).基本上我的工作就是給鯊魚按摩
Because I was so wrapped up in this我只顧著埋頭工作
I left my Wallet an hour away at the aquarium.結果把自己的錢包丟在水族館,一個多小時后才發現
When I finally realized this after getting home,回家后我才發現這件事
I hopped in my car我跳上自己的車
and saw the gas light on.卻發現指示燈顯示沒油了
I scrounged up $3 in change我湊齊了3美元的硬幣
with the hopes 1 gallon would be enough to get me there.希望一加侖的油足夠讓我到達那里
When I arrived at the station當我感到加油站
I had asked the lady我問加油站里的服務員
how far could 1gallon get me一問她一加侖的油可以讓車子跑多遠
because I had left my wallet at my job.因為我把自己的錢包丟在上班的地方了
Without hesitation沒有絲毫猶豫
she pulled out a $10 dollar bill她拿出一張10美元的鈔票
and paid for my gas為我付了油錢
and told me that并且對我說
everyone has struggles每個人都有難處
and it’s our job to help when we can力所能及時伸出援手,這是份內的事情
and to push it forward.可以扶危濟困
I returned 2 hours later兩個小時后我返回來
with $50 cash to give to her想要把50美元還給她
but she had left可是她卻已經離開了
and I didn’t feel comfortable giving it to the other attendant.而我也不情愿將錢交給另一個工作人員
So所以
to the lady that selflessly gave me gas in my time of need我想對那位在我需要的時候無私的借錢給我加油的女士說
thank you謝謝你
and I hope to see you back at work soon!希望你再來上班的時候,能很快相見!