【I forget to tell you.】
I forget to tell you.我忘記了要告訴你。
Forget 表示“忘記”,后面可接名詞,不定式或分詞。接不定式表示“忘記了要干…”,接分詞表示“忘記干過…”。例如:
【I forget its name.】
我忘記它的名詞。
I’ll never forget meeting you this time.
我將永遠不會忘記這次和你的見面。
Don’t forget to ring me up at six.
不要忘記六點鐘給我打電話。
【One moment,please.】
One moment,please.請等一下。
表示讓對方等一等。類似這樣的還有:
Just a moment,please.請等一下。
One moment,please.請等一下。
Wait a minute,please.請等一下。
【But I’m afraid I may be a little late.】
But I’m afraid I may be a little late.但是,我恐怕要來遲一點。
I’m afraid 后接不定式或of +分詞短語,表示不敢做某事或者害怕某事。例如:
I’m afraid to be late again.
我害怕再遲到了。
The little boy is afraid to walk in the dark.
小孩害怕在黑暗中走路。
Are you afraid of touching the dog?
你害怕摸小狗嗎?
【I’m very sorry,but I can’t come.】
I’m very sorry,but I can’t come.很遺憾,我不能來。
Be sorry 后接不定式,表示“因…而遺憾或難過”,后接for…或者about…表示對“因…感到遺憾或懊悔”。例如:
I’m sorry to be late.
很遺憾我遲到了。
We are sorry for your deeds.
我們對你的行為表示遺憾。