英語中的主語一般不可省略,但在口語中某些慣用表達也可省略。如:
Beg your pardon. 請再說一遍。
Haven’t seen you for ages! 好久不見了!
Second the motion! 附議!
Doesn’t matter. 沒關系。
Serves him right! 活該!
Looks like rain. 像是要下雨的樣子。
Glad to see you. 很高興見到你。
Hope to hear from you soon. 希望不久能接到你的來信。
Must have gone home. 準是回家了。
有時主語和助動詞一起省略:
(Do you) Want some? (你) 要一點嗎?
(Have you) Had a good time? 玩得好嗎?
(We’ve) Got to go now. 得走了。
(I’m) Not feeling very well today. 今天感到不太舒服
(I’m) So pleased to have made your acquaintance. 認識了你很高興。
(It’s) Nice day again. 又一個好天。