★The children are no longer young.
The children are no longer young.孩子們不再年青了。
No longer 表示“再也不”,用作狀語,也可以寫成not…any longer .例如:
He can do it no longer.
他再也干不成了。
I’ll come here no longer.
我再也不來了。
I won’t help you any longer.
我再也不會幫助你了。
★They put small presents in each other’s stockings.
They put small presents in each other’s stockings.他們都在對方的襪子里放了小禮品。
Each other 表示“互相”,用于兩人之間。例如:
We don’t know each other.
我們互相都不認識。
We study each other and help each other.
我們互相學習互相幫助。
★You are never too old to enjoy Christmas Day.
You are never too old to enjoy Christmas Day.你總不會因年紀大了而不喜歡圣誕節(jié)。
Too…to do…表示“太…以致不能做…”。例如:
He is too old to go to school.
他太老了,不能去學校了。
The box is too heavy for me to carry it.
箱子太大了,我搬不動。