There are certain times in our lives that we need to make sure we understand everything. That’s when clarifying information becomes important. If we want to double-check, we can ask for clarification. If we want to make sure that someone has understood, you can request confirmation that someone has received the message. This type of clarification is especially useful in business meetings, but also in everyday events like taking directions over the telephone or checking an address and telephone number. Use these phrases to clarify and check information.
在我們的生活中,有時我們需要確保我們理解一切。這時澄清信息就變得很重要了。如果我們想再核對一下,我們可以要求澄清。如果我們想確保有人已經理解,您可以請求確認有人已經收到消息。這種類型的澄清在商務會議上尤其有用,但在日常活動中,如通過電話指示方向或檢查地址和電話號碼時也特別有用。使用這些短語來澄清和檢查信息。
Phrases and Structures Used to Clarify and Check that You Understand
用于澄清和檢查您是否理解的短語和結構
Question Tags
反義疑問句
Question tags are used when you are sure you have understood but would like to double check. Use the opposite form of the helping verb of the original sentence at the end of the sentence to check.
當你確定你已經理解了,但想再檢查一遍時,就會使用問號。在句末用原句助動詞的相反形式進行檢查。
S + Tense (positive or negative) + Objects + , + Opposite Auxiliary Verb + S
主語 +時態(肯定句/否定句)+賓語+,+相對助詞+ S
You’re going to attend the meeting next week, aren’t you?
你下周要參加會議,是嗎?
They don’t sell computers, do they?
他們不賣電腦,是嗎?
Tom hasn’t arrived yet, has he?
湯姆還沒到,是嗎?
Phrases Used to Rephrase to Double Check
用于重復檢查的短語
Use these phrases to indicate that you would like to rephrase what someone has said in order to make sure you have understood something correctly.
用這些短語來表示你想改寫某人所說的話,以確保你正確地理解了某事。
Can I rephrase what you said/have/said?
我能重述一下你說的話嗎?
So, you mean/think/believe that ...
所以,你是說/想/相信...
Let me see if I’ve understood you correctly. You ...
讓我看看我是否正確地理解了你。你......
Can I rephrase what you mean? You feel it’s important to enter the market now.
我能重新表述一下你的意思嗎?你覺得現在進入市場很重要。
Let me see if I’ve understood you correctly. You would like to hire a marketing consultant.
讓我看看我是否正確地理解了你。你想請一位營銷顧問。
Phrases Used to Ask for Clarification
用來要求澄清的短語
Could you repeat that?
你能重復一遍嗎?
I’m afraid I don’t understand.
恐怕我不明白。
Could you say that again?
你能再說一遍嗎?
Could you repeat that? I think I may have misunderstood you.
你能重復一遍嗎?我想我可能誤解了你。