很多人英語已經不錯了,但總感覺不是很地道。碰到不會回答的問題,還是條件反射地回答“I don’t know.”雖然英語貴在簡潔,但和老外交流只會一種說法,讓人感覺很boring...今天,一起來看看哪些花式說法讓你英語up,up,讓老外也給你點贊!
除了I don’t know,「不知道」還能怎么說?
1. I have no idea/clue. 我不清楚。
2. I can’t help you there. 這個,我真幫不了。
3. Beats me. 這真問倒我了(非正式)。
4. I’m not really sure. 我真不太了解。
5. I’ve been wondering that, too. 我也疑惑呢。
職場宮心計,很多時候全靠猜測。那么,猜測的各種說法,如何表達呢?
工作中,如何表示個人猜測?
1. If I had to take a guess, I’d say she’s about 35 years old.
要我猜的話,她估計35歲左右。
2. It’s difficult to say, but I think our customers are more satisfied.
這很難說,但我覺得我們的客戶更滿意。
3. Off the top of my head, I’d say the company has 500 employees.
我大概估算下,這家公司有500名員工。(Off the top of my head: 沒有仔細查數據,不假思索)
4. I wouldn’t be surprised if Peter asks Mary to quit the job.
如果Peter讓Mary辭職的話,我一點也不吃驚。
5. There’s a good chance the company will go bankrupt.
這家公司很可能會倒閉。
6. I have a feeling/hunch the boss won’t be happy about this.
我有種感覺老板對此不太高興。(hunch = an instinctive feeling)
7. I bet he’ll be late.
我敢打賭他會遲到。
8. Your guess is as good as mine.
猜測總歸是猜測 (= I don’t know)
工作中很多時候需要做決策,英語中關于“決策”有哪些說法呢?
工作中,如何談做決策?
1. I’m debating between option A and option B.
我還在選項A和選項B之間猶豫不決。
2. I can’t make up my mind.
我下不定主意。
3. I’m on the fence.
我現在左右為難。(= I’m in the middle, I don’t know what to decide)
4. I’ll take that into consideration.
我會考慮那個的。
5. I’m having second thoughts.
我再重新考慮看看。(= I’m reconsidering my decision)
6. He convinced/persuaded me to quit the job.
他勸我辭職的。
7. Looking back, I know it was the right decision.
往回看,我知道那是正確的決策。
8. It’s up to you.
(= You can decide) 由你來做主。
疲憊是工作的常態,沒有一份工作不費心力,“累了”要怎么說呢?