Spoken American English 2 ;
1.Humility 謙遜 ;
1.He’s known for being low-key. 2.They’re down to earth. ;1.他的謙卑是出了名的. 2.他們很踏實.
3.You’re just being modest. 4.This is no time to be modest. ;3.你太謙虛了. 4.這不是講謙虛的時候.
5.You should take all the credit. ;5.你應該居全功, 不用太謙虛.
6.You deserve all the credit. ;6.所有的功勞你都 當之無愧.
7.Am I worthy of such honor? 8.I’m flattered. ;7.我真的配得這份榮譽嗎 8.你太夸獎我了.
9.You’re just being polite. 10.You’re being overly humble. ;9.不敢當,你太夸獎了. 10.你太謙遜了.
11.A:You’ve accomplished a lot. B:I’m just trying to keep busy. ;11.A:你已有了許多成就. B:沒這回事,我只是不 愿閑著.
12.A:You did a very fine job. B:I was just doing my job. ;12:A:這件事你辦得很好. B:我只是盡本份而已.
13.Fame isn’t everything. 14.I’m not much of a mechanic myself. ;13.名望并非一切. 14.我算不得是好師傅.
2.Inferiority Complex 自卑 ;
1.Who wants to be me? 2.Nobody wants to be in my shoes. ;1.誰愿像我這樣子? 2.沒哪個人愿意處于我 這樣的境遇.
3.Do I look out of place? 4.I’m afraid I’ll only slow you down. ;3.我看起來和這里 格格不入. 4.我擔心我只會拖累你.
5.I feel like I’ll never amount to anything in life. ;5.我覺得我這一輩子 一事無成.
6.I’m feeling sorry for myself. 7.He’s drowning in self-pity. ;6.我為自己感到悲哀. 7.他沉耽于自憐.
8.I feel depressed. 9.I’m just a nobody. ;8.我感到沮喪. 9.我只是籍籍無名的小子
10.I’m just a peanut. 11.I’m the low man on the totem pole. ;10.我只是個小不點兒. 11.我是階級最低的人.
12.Don’t sell yourself short. 13.Don’t underestimate yourself. ;12.不要妄自菲薄. 13.不要低估自己.
3.Sexual Desire 性欲 ;
1.She turns me on. 2.She’s a fast woman. ;1.她使我欲火上升. 2.她是個騷貨.
3.She’s too passionate 4.That dress is a real turn-on. ;3.她熱情如火. 4.那種服裝會撩起情欲.
5.She’s a loose woman. 6.She’s not the kind of girl you’d take home to mother. ;5.她是個不知檢點的女人 6.她登不了大雅之堂.
7.She’s shacking up with a guy. 8.She’s a call girl. ;7.她正跟一個男人姘居. 8.她是應召女郎.
9.She works on the street. ;9.她是阻街女郎.
10.Male hustlers are becoming more prominent. ;10.男妓變得多起來了.
11.He is a gigolo. 12.He’s a real Romeo. ;11.他是吃軟飯的人. 12.他是情圣.
13.He’s a Don Juan. 14.He’s a lady killer. ;13.他是大眾情人. 14.他是花花公子.
15.He has girlfriends left and right. 16.He/she is a hot number. ;15.他左擁右抱, 女友一大堆. 16.他(她)是大眾情人.
17.He’s a ladies’ man. 18.He’s a stud. ;17.他很討女人歡心. 18.他像是一匹專門用來 交配的種馬.
19.He makes women his hobby. 20.He’s a skirt chaser ;19.他性好漁色. 20.他是只花蝴蝶.
21.I have no true love just one-night stands 22.He has a woman in every port. ;21.我沒有真心的情人, 只有逢場作戲的伴侶. 22.他的情婦遍布各地.
23.He’s hard up today. 24.She’s simply irresistible. ;23.他今天性欲很強. 24.她是教人難以抗拒 的女人.
25.She knows men’s weaknesses. 26.She’s fickle. ;25.她知道男人好色的 弱點. 26.她是個騷貨.
27.I lost my virginity at sixteen. 28.That girl is too much. ;27.我十六時失去童貞. 28.那個女孩子實在太 過分.
29.He’s got his brain between his knees. 30.He’s in heat. ;29.他滿腦子的性經. 30.他欲火旺盛.
31.Her body haunts me. 32.I can’t stop thinking about her. ;31.她的胴體蠱惑了我. 32.我對她難以忘懷.
33.She possesses me. ;33.她迷惑了我的心. 她占據了我的心.
34.Who is that with the big boobs? ;34.那個大胸脯的女人 是誰.
35.Look at those knockers. 36.He has a roving eye and always will have. ;35.你瞧瞧那大胸脯. 36.他老是有一雙色瞇瞇 的眼睛.
37.Men!All they want to do is get into your pants. ;37.男人想做的事,無非是 鉆到你褲子里頭去.
38.His mind is always in the gutter. 39.You have filthy mind. ;38.他的心老是很齷齪. 39.你有一顆骯臟的心.
40.His mind wanders. 41.They’re making out in the movies. ;40.他想入非非. 41.他們在電影院里 摟摟抱抱.
42.He likes to hug and kiss me. 43.Do you have any protection? ;42.他喜歡擁吻我. 43.你有避孕措施嗎?
44.He hit on me. 45.It’s the day after. He doesn’t look himself. ;44.他勾引我. 45.他跟女人鬼混了一夜, 顯得神色不定.
46.Men often go to bars to pick up an easy lay. ;46.男人們常到灑吧去找 放蕩的女人茍合.
47.What’s this idea, swapping wives? ;47.換妻是什么鬼玩意兒?
48.Don’t be a one-arm driver. ;48.開車時不要騰出一只 手來,對身邊的女孩子 不規矩.
49.He’s a pig. ;49.他是一只重肉欲的 豬玀.
50.No,you can’t go to a strip tease joint. ;50.不行,不許你去 (低級的)脫衣舞場.
51.He’s a peeping Tom. 52.America is in a moral decline. ;51.他是個偷窺狂. 52.美國的道德正在淪落 中.
53.All rats like cheese. 54.Sinful and unholy love is not true love ;53.哪只貓兒不貪腥. 54.罪惡不潔的愛, 就不是真愛.
4. Seduction 調情 ;
1.Can I interest you in a drink? 2.Hey sweetie, remember me? ;1.請你喝杯酒,有興趣嗎? 2.嘿,甜心,還記得我嗎?
3.She gave him a peck on the cheek. 4.How about a smooch, sugar? ;3.她在他的臉頰上輕輕 地親了一下. 4.甜心,讓我親一下好嗎?
5.He wants to seduce you. ;5.他想引誘你.
6.That guy at the other table is making eyes at you. ;6.另一桌的那個男人在跟 你擠眉弄眼.
7.He propositioned me. 8.Love is like a cat and mouse game. ;7.他向我求歡. 8.愛情像是一場貓捉老鼠 的游戲.
9.Don’t make catcalls at girls. 10.Don’t mess around with her. ;9.不要對女孩子猛吹口哨 10.不要跟她胡來.
11.Did you score? 12.Why give sex away for free? ;11.你得分了嗎? (你勾搭上了嗎?) 12.何必沒代價陪人睡覺?
5.Sexual Harassment 性騷擾 ;
1.My boss is making passes at me. What should I do? ;1.我的老板向我頻送秋波 你說該怎么辦?
2.My supervisor is way out of line. ;2.我上司的作風太離譜.
3.If you touch me, you’ll be sorry. 4.Clean up your act! ;3.你如果敢碰我,我會叫 你叫苦不迭. 4.手腳干凈點兒!
5.Take your filthy hands off me! 6.Don’t touch me. ;5.把你的臟手拿開! 6.不要碰我.
7.Keep away from me. 8.Get your paws off me ;7.離我遠一點兒. 8.不要用你的爪子碰到我
9.Leave me alone. 10.A woman’s place is in the home. ;9.不要騷擾我. 10.女人只適合待在家里.
11.No sexist remarks, okay? 12.You keep your distance. ;11.別說性別歧視的話, 行不行? 12.你離我遠一點兒.
13.He violated my body 14.He dishonored me. ;13.他侵犯了我的身體. 14.他使我蒙羞.
6.Having an Affair. 婚外情 ;
1.Many married couples have affairs. ;1.許多已婚夫妻都有 婚外情.
2.I wonder if he ever looks at other women ;2.我懷疑他是否和別的 女人調過情?
3.Could he have been fooling around? 4.He may be seeing another woman. ;3.他是否在外頭拈花惹草 4.也許他有外遇.
5.I think there’s some hanky-panky between Mr.Benson and his secretary. ;5.我想班森先生和他的女 秘書之間,有不正常的 關系.
6.No hanky-panky in front of the children 7.He’s getting it on the side. ;6.不要在孩子們面前 惡形惡狀. 7.他在外頭打野食.
8.You’re being unfaithful to her. 9.It was sort of a casual thing. ;8.你對她不忠實. 9.那不過是逢場作戲.
10.He walked in on his wife and another man. ;10.他回家時撞見他妻子 和別的男人的奸情.
11.You let your husband know that you are onto him. ;11.要讓你丈夫曉得,你 對他一清二楚(而有 所顧忌).
12.You spent the night with him? 13.I saw you flirt with that girl. ;12.你和他過夜了嗎? 13.我親眼看到你和那個 女孩子調情.
14.Don’t play with fire,or you’ll get burned. ;14.不要玩火, 不然會被燒傷.
15.Adultery can blow up in your face. 16.Their marriage is a joke. ;15.不正常的男女關系有 時會毀了你. 16.他們的婚姻是個笑話.
7.Sexual Exploitation 性剝削 ;
1.He’s toying with my affection. 2.Don’t try to get fresh with me. ;1.他在戲弄我的愛. 2.別想吃我的豆腐. (別想占我的便宜.)
3.He just wants to use me. 4.Her doctor boyfriend is her meal ticket. ;3.他只想占我肉體的便宜 4.她那當醫生的男友是她 的飯票.
5.Pornography is demeaning to women. ;5.色情產品是對女性的 侮辱.
6.Some guys may steal your money,but this guy stole your heart ;6.有的人也許會偷你的錢 但這家伙偷了你的心.
7.I didn’t steal your girl. ;7.我沒偷你的女人.
8.Independence 自立 ;