Spoken American English 3 ;
1. To Reprimand 斥責 ;
1.Shame on you! 2.What possessed you to do that? ;1.真丟臉! 2.你被什么迷了心竅, 竟做得出這種事?
3.How reprehensible! 4.Your behavior was inexcusable. ;3.應該好好地罵一頓! 4.你的劣行無可推諉.
5.Don’t you pull this stunt now. 6.Look at what you’ve done. ;5.你少來這一套. 6.看你干了什么好事?
7.Behave yourself! 8.Do you know how late it is? ;7.放規矩點兒! 8.你知道現在有多晚了嗎
9.Lay it on him. 10.Why are you snapping at me? ;9.去罵他一頓. 10.你干嘛對我窮叫個 不停?
11.Let him have it with both barrels. 12.Give him all you’ve got. ;11.讓他吃不完兜著走. 12.拿出你全部力量去 對付他.
2. To Punish 處罰 ;
1.You broke the neighbor’s window. Now go tell them and face the music. ;1.你砸破了鄰居的玻璃窗 坦白去認錯和挨罵吧.
2.Don’t take it out on me. ;2.不要把怒氣發泄在我 身上.
3.He only got a slap on the wrist. 4.You made your bed. Now lie in it. ;3.他只受到輕微的懲罰. 4.你造的孽,現在去 自作自受吧.
5.Wait till I get my hands on him. 6.There will be hell to pay at home. ;5.等我逮到他時,你看我 怎么對付他. 6.等回了家,有你好受的.
7.He needs a good spanking. 8.I’m gonna tan your hide! ;7.他需要好好地打一頓 屁股! 8.我要打你屁股.
9.I’m going to nail his ass to the wall. 10.I’ll break his neck ;9.我要教他當眾出丑. 10.我會弄斷他的脖子.
11.I’ll tear him apart 12.I’ll break his knee caps. ;11.我要把他拆成十八塊. 12.我會敲碎他的膝蓋.
13.I’ll break his legs 14.An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth ;13.我會打斷他的狗腿. 14.以眼還眼,以牙還牙.
15.It was poetic justice. ;15.這是天理昭彰, 報應不爽.
3. Ill-Treatment 虐待 ;
1.He’s always on my back. 2.Do you have a bone to pick with me? ;1.他老盯在我后頭. 2.你存心找我的碴是不是
3.They gave me the runaround. 4.Don’t push me too far! ;3.他們在折騰人. 4.別欺人太甚!
5.Don’t give me any flak. 6.His opinion doesn’t count. ;5.少跟我過不去. 6.他的意見無足輕重.
4. Making Mistakes 犯錯 ;
1.We have to start over. 2.Let’s go back to where we started. ;1.我們必須從頭再做一遍 2.咱們重回出發點.
3.There’s very little room for mistakes. 4.He never hits a sour note. ;3.做這種事,只容許很小 的犯錯空間. 4.他從沒出過半點兒錯.
5.I’m almost never wrong. 6.Relax!What could possibly go wrong? ;5.我幾乎不曾做錯過什么 6.放心吧! 哪會出什么紕漏?
7.You goofed again. 8.I don’t want any foul-ups! ;7.你又弄砸了. 8.不許再搞砸了!
9.Look what you’ve done! 10.You blew it! ;9.看你干了什么糗事? 10.你壞了事!
11.See what you’ve started. ;11.瞧你引發了什么倒楣 事?
12.A:Oops!I dropped that Ming vase. ;12.A:哎呀,不好!我失手 砸破了那個明朝的 瓷器.
B:God.What a butterfingers. ;B:老天爺,你那滑不溜丟 的手這么不可靠.
13.You smashed it intentionally. 14.You wrecked it purposely. ;13.你故意砸碎了它. 14.你故意打爛了它.
15.He’s such a klutz. 16.Little mistakes lead to big ones. ;15.他很笨拙. 16.一失足成千古恨. 小失誤會鑄成大錯.
17.Why are you covering his ass? 18.I assume it’s an error? ;17.你何必掩護他的過錯 呢? 18.我想這是個錯誤吧?
19.I’d like some explanation. 20.What’s your story? ;19.你解釋一下,這是怎么 回事. 20.你有什么辯解?
21.Let’s see it’s not forgotten. 22.Get it right this time. ;21.要牢記這件事. 22.這次不許出錯.
23.Do it right this time.Don’t fail me. 24.Next time don’t screw up. ;23.這次要辦成. 別讓我失望. 24.下次不要弄糟.
25.Don’t you ever learn? 26.Oh no!I slipped. ;25.難道你無法學乖嗎? 26.哎呀不好!我說溜了嘴
27.Oops!I made a boo-boo. 28.I keep striking out ;27.哎呀!我不小心犯了個 蠢錯誤. 28.我老在犯錯.
29.This is such a glaring error.How did you miss it? ;29.這么明顯的錯誤,你 怎會疏忽呢?
30.That’s a gross negligence. ;30.那是個重大的疏忽.
31.I’ve got to be smarter this time. ;31.這次我得學聰明點兒.
32.All right!All right I made a mistake. I’m only human. ;32.得了,得了,我承認我 犯了錯.我只不過是個 凡人.
33.I am not perfect, I make mistakes. 34.It’s just an honest mistake. ;33.我并不完美,我也會 做錯事. 34.這只是個無心之過.
35.I’m not perfect. 36.Live and learn. ;35.我并非十全十美. 36.活到老學到老.
5. Blame 怪罪 ;
1.He started it. 2.It’s Adam. He started all of this. ;1.都是他闖的禍. 2.都是亞當. 他惹來這些麻煩.
3.This was your idea. I didn’t come up with it. ;3.這是你的點子, 不是我想出來的.
4.He graffitied the wall,but I took the rap for it. ;4.他在墻壁上涂鴉,結果 卻是我挨罵.
5.You did it,didn’t you? ;5.你干的好事,不是嗎?
6.If you didn’t do it, who did?Don’t try to pass the buck. ;6.不是你干的又會是誰呢 別推卸責任.
7.Don’t make me your fall guy. 8.Don’t make me your patsy. ;7.不要教我替你背黑鍋. 8.不要讓我替你頂罪.
9.Don’t point the finger at me. 10.Who can you blame? ;9.不要指控我. 10.這你能怪誰?
11.You can’t wash away your sins. ;11.你無法洗刷掉你的罪.
12.You’re guilty as hell. 13.It’s all your fault ;12.你的罪證確鑿. 13.這全是你的錯.
14.A:So,you think I stink.Is that it? B:You said it yourself. ;14.A:那么,你說我討人厭 是嗎? B:那是你自個兒說的.
15.It takes one to know one. 16.You can’t leave me holding the bag. ;15.你也好不到哪兒去. 16.你不能讓我單獨來挑 整個擔子.
17.You’re barking up the wrong tree. 18.There’s no excuse for your actions. ;17.你罵錯了對象. 18.你的行為無可辯解.
19.Don’t drag me into it. 20.You got yourself bogged down in this ;19.不要拖我下水. 20.你作繭自縛.
21.Don’t try to deny it.The facts speak for themselves. ;21.事實勝于雄辯, 別想抵賴.
6. Silliness 不正經 ;
1.No more monkey business! 2.No kidding around. 3.Quit horsing around. ;1.不要再胡搞了! 2.少在這兒戲耍. 3.少在一邊兒胡鬧.
4.Don’t monkey around. 5.Wipe that silly grin off your face. 6.Don’t be cute. ;4.別在這兒搗蛋. 5.把你的蠢笑容收起來. 6.不要跟我耍小聰明.
7.Don’t get funny (with me) 8.Stop giggling (in there). ;7.少跟我裝瘋賣傻. 8.少在那里咯咯地笑.
9.Please,this is no time for joking. 10.Get serious, will you? ;9.行行好,現在不是胡鬧 的時候. 10.你正經點兒行不行?
11.This is serious. 12.Is this guy for real? ;11.這是很嚴重的事. 12.這家伙在玩真的嗎?
13.I’m not kidding around. ;13.我可不是在鬧著玩的.
14.I mean what I say. 15.I’m dead serious! 16.I don’t joke. ;14.我說話算話. 15.我是一本正經. 16.我不隨便開玩笑.
17.I mean it! 18.I’m not joking. ;17.我說一不二. 18.我沒在開玩笑.
19.Let’s not play games anymore. ;19.咱們不要再彼此玩花 樣.
20.Let’s stop this nonsense! 21.Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. ;20.廢話少說,言歸正傳! 21.咱們來討論一下要點.
22.The party’s over. ;22.聯歡會結束了.
7. Jokes 逗笑 ;
1.I made her laugh. 2.She laughs like a hyena. 3.This guy kills me. ;1.我使她笑逐顏開. 2.她笑得像土狼號叫. 3.這家伙笑死我了.
4.My joke brought down the house. 5.He’s good at telling one-liners. ;4.我的笑話引起哄堂大笑 5.他很會說簡短而令人 捧腹的笑話.
6.He made me grin from ear to ear. 7.It’s a running gag. ;6.他使我裂嘴大笑. 7.這是個一提起就令人 發噱的笑話.
8.He laughed his head off. 9.He told some real zingers. ;8.他笑掉了大牙. 9.他說了些令人捧腹的 笑話.
10.That’s an old joke. 11.Your jokes are wearing thin. ;10.那是個老掉牙的笑話. 11.你的笑話我聽膩了.
12.What’s so funny about that? 13.You have no sense of humor. ;12.那有什么好笑? 13.你缺乏幽默感.
14.You’re too serious. ;14.你太嚴肅了.
15.He always keeps a complete poker face 16.He’s always telling dirty jokes. ;15.他老是一副死板板的 面孔. 16.他老是在說黃色笑話.
17.He told an off-color joke to me. ;17.他跟我說了一則黃色 笑話.
18.That was a nasty joke you told. ;18.你說的那個笑話 無比下流.
19.He has such a filthy mouth for such a young boy. 20.He’s demented. ;19.這么年輕的男孩子, 嘴巴卻不干不凈. 20.他的思路歪了.
21.How insensitive you are! 22.He’s a real comedian. ;21.你太麻木不仁了! 22.他真是個小丑.
23.Let’s spice things up a bit. ;23.咱們把場面弄得生動 些.
24.Mooning is a typical prank among college students. ;24.故意在窗口露出臀部, 是大學生典型的鬧劇 之一.
25.A:Please take your seats. B:Where should we take them? ;25.A:請就座. B:你要我們把椅子 拿到哪里?