Annoyance 厭煩
Warming-up Dialogues 熱身對話
Dialogue 1
英語情景對話1
A: You don‘tseem to like Beijing Opera very much.
甲:你好像并不喜歡京劇。
B: To tell you the truth, it really turns me off.
乙:說實話,我挺煩京劇的。
A: Same feeling here.
甲:我也是。
B: To me it’s just like listening to a language completely unknown.
乙:就我而言,聽京劇就像聽一門完全不懂的外語似的。
Dialogue 2
英語情景對話2
A: Mr. Smith is really a thorough drag.
甲:史密斯先生真讓人討厭。
B: What is it?
乙:怎么了?
A: His endless talking about,stocks almost bares me to death.
甲:他總是沒完沒了地談股票,都快煩死我了。
B: Don‘t you like to know anything about stocks?
乙:難道你不想多了解點股票行情嗎?
A: I’m not at all keen on this subject.
甲:我對這個話題根本不感興趣。
Hints 語言提示
1.To tell you the truth, it really turns me off,詞組 to tell the truth = truth to tell,意為“說實話,實際是”。詞組 turn off 除了其常 用的含義“關掉伙外,還可做“使失去興趣”講。如: Popular music really turns me off. 流行音樂確實使我很厭煩。
2.a thorough drag 極討厭的人或物,累贅
3....almost bores me to death. bore v. 使煩擾。bore sb. to death 使某人煩得要死。
4.be keen on sth. 對……很熱心
(實習編輯:于曉偉)