日常英語口語對話可以是什么?可以是生活中任意場景。學習日常英語口語對話可以幫助我們拜托英語零基礎,進行簡單的日常英語口語交流。今天學習關于醫患的日常英語口語對話。
一、關于討論甲亢的日常英語口語對話:
Patient: I’m easily moved to anger with the onset of palpitation for the past two months.
近兩個月來我老愛發火,還總是心慌。
Doctor: Have you been feeling this way before?
以前有過這樣的感覺嗎?
Patient: No, this has been happening for the past two months only.
沒有,最近兩個月來才這樣。
Doctor: Have you lost any weight recently?
你最近體重減輕了嗎?
Patient: Yes, I have. In spite of increased intake of food, I lost ten pounds in weight over a period of two months.
是的,盡管我飯量增加,但兩個月來我已瘦掉了 10 磅。
Doctor: Do you sleep well? 你睡得好嗎?
Patient: I have been suffering from insomnia lately.
我近來一直失眠。
Doctor: Have you been sweating as much as you usually do?
你最近出汗和往常一樣多嗎?
Patient: My sweating has increased notably. I just can’t stand warm weather at all.
我比原先汗出得多了。我簡直受不了熱天。
Doctor: All right, would you please get undressed now? Let me examine you. Now, swallow, please.
好,請脫下衣服好嗎?我檢查一下。現在請做一個吞咽動作。
Doctor: There are some tests you’ll have to get down and we’ll see you in one week. At that time we’ll start on a definite therapy for your condition.
你還得做些實驗。一周后再來。那時我們要開始對你的病進行確切的治療。
Patient: Thank you, Doctor, but tell me what’s wrong with me.
謝謝你,醫生,請告訴我得了什么病。
Doctor: I suspect that you might have hyperthyroidism. Take this paper to the office, the nurse will arrange a time for you to have some thyroid function tests made.
我估計你得了甲狀腺機能亢進病。拿這些化驗單到辦公室去,護士會給你安排時間,做一些甲狀腺機能的檢查。
二、過幾天后
Doctor: The results of the thyroid scanning and protein-bound-iodine show that you have hyperthyroidism. The thyroid scanning reveals that the nodule of thyroid is a “cold” nodule, which means nonfunctional, so you just have a goiter.
根據甲狀腺掃描和蛋白結合碘檢查結果說明你得了甲狀腺機能亢進病。甲狀腺掃描發現甲狀腺結節是 “冷結節”,也就是無功能的,你正是得了甲狀腺腫。
Patient: Can something be done about it?
有什么辦法治嗎?
Doctor: I think a subtotal thyroidectomy is necessary.
我想需要做個甲狀腺次全切除術。
Patient: The operation will make a scar on my neck, won’t it?
手術會在我頸部留下瘢痕嗎?
Doctor: Yes, I’m afraid so. 是,恐怕會的。
Patient: Is there any way to avoid surgery? If possible, I would rather not have surgery.
有什么方法能避免手術嗎?如果可能的話,我不想做手術。
Doctor: Of course. Antithyroid drugs, such as propylthiouracil and tapazole are used to control the symptoms. Their advantages are the avoidance of a surgical procedure with its attendant rare complications of recurrent nerve paralysis or hypopara-thyroidism, and reduced cost.
當然,抗甲狀腺藥物如丙硫氧嘧啶和他巴佐可以控制癥狀。優點是:避免手術,并防止由此引起的罕見并發癥,如喉返神經麻痹或甲狀旁腺機能減退等,而且費用低廉。
Patient: Thank you, Doctor. Let me discuss it with my husband, then we’ll decide what to choose.
謝謝你,醫生。我需要跟我丈夫商量,然后我們再決定采取什么治療辦法。