1.2.5 See Off 送行
A: Where is Pamela?
A:帕米拉在哪里?
B:Is she coming?
B:她要來嗎?
A: She told me she’d be here.
A:她跟我說過她要來的。
B:They are announcing your flight. You’d better board the plane.
B:在叫你的航班了,你最好趕快登機。
A: Are you rushing me?
A:你在催我嗎?
B:I am just reminding you about the time. You don’t want to miss the plane, do you?
B:我是在提醒你時間,你不想誤了飛機,是吧?
A: I know what I am doing. Don’t worry. Can you do me a favor?
A:我知道自己在做什么,別擔心,你能幫我個忙嗎?
B:Name it and I’ll do it for you.
B:說吧,我會幫你的。
A: Take care of Pamela when I am away. She is a nice girl. I don’t want her to get hurt or anything.
A:我不在的時候,照顧帕米拉。她是個好女孩,我不希望她受到傷害。
B:I’ve got it.
B:我知道了。
A: Thank you. Now I see that you are my true friend. Most of my so-called friends left me at the moment my company went bankrupt. You are the only one who has stood by me the whole time.
A:謝謝,現在我看出來了你才是真正的朋友,在公司倒閉的時候,許多所謂的朋友都離我而去,只有你一直都在我身邊。
B:I am just doing what I think I should do.
B:我只是在做我覺得應該做的事情。
A: Thank you for being a friend of mine.
A:謝謝你做我的朋友。
B:This isn’t like you… Well, I hope you will have a nice flight and a successful start in business
B:這不像你啊。好了,希望你旅途愉快,事業上東山再起。.
A: Thank you. I have to leave now. If you see Pamela, tell her I’ll write to her.
A:謝謝,我要走了。如果你見到帕米拉,告訴她我會寫信給她的。