Daniel:
Mom, I’m starving.
媽媽,我餓死了。
Shirley:
Here are some biscuits. Why are you back so early today?
這有些餅干。你今天怎么回來這么早?
Daniel:
My teacher had a sudden stomachache, so the class was cut shot. You?
老師突然胃疼,所以課提前結束了。你呢?
Shirley:
Me what?
我什么?
Daniel:
You are cooking at least two hours earlier than the usual.
你做飯至少比平時早兩個小時。
Shirley:
It’s not for us.
不是給我們的。
Daniel:
Then it’s for Dad, isn’t it? It’s so unfair!
你是給爸爸做的吧?不公平!
Shirley:
Don’t be a smarty-pants. It’s for Grandma Wang.
別自作聰明了。是給王奶奶準備的。
Daniel:
What was that again?
你再說一遍是什么?(我剛才沒有聽清楚)
Shirley:
It’s for Grandma Wang. She is sick and her only daughter went abroad weeks ago. So she needs our help.
這是給王奶奶準備的。她病了,她的女兒又在幾周前出國了,她需要我們的幫助。
Daniel:
I’m sorry, I didn’t know that. But I wanna help.
對不起,我不知道。我也要幫忙。
Shirley:
Umm, let me think for a moment. We can meet her together after I finish cooking.
嗯,我想一下(看你要怎么做)。等我做完飯我們可以一起去看望她。
Daniel:
I’ll get knee to knee with her.
我要和她好好地坐一起(聊天)。
Shirley:
Good boy. I can only imagine how happy she will be to see you.
好孩子。我可以想象她見到你一定特別高興。