Mary:
Do you want to hear something spooky? I met my uncle yesterday.
你想聽我講一些鬼的事情嗎?我昨天遇到我叔叔了。
Harry:
Big deal! That’s not very scary. Next you’ll tell me he’s dead.
有什么了不起的!這并不嚇人。你接下來肯定會告訴我他死了。
Mary:
He died? ten years ago.
他十年前就去世了。
Harry:
Stop playing around. You know, I get scared when you start talking like this.
別瞎說了。你知道,你這么一說我就開始害怕了。
Mary:
You big coward! I’m just joking.
你真是個膽小鬼!我只是開玩笑而已。
Harry:
You know, I get spooked from ghost stories and scary movies. The scary movies made my hair stand on end, and keep me awake at night.
你知道我被鬼故事和恐怖電影嚇著了。恐怖電影把我嚇得頭發都豎起來了,晚上也睡不著覺。
Mary:
Actually, I wasn’t completely joking. I saw him in a dream last night.
實際上,我也沒有完全在開玩笑。昨晚我確實夢到他了。
Harry:
Maybe you just miss him.
可能是你想他了。
Mary:
Yeah, he was a great uncle, very kind to me, when he was alive?.
是啊,他是個很好的叔叔,生前對我很好的。
Harry:
Next time try not to scare me too much with your stories. You know it upsets me.
下次可別拿這種故事來嚇我了,你知道這會使我心神不寧的。
Mary:
OK. I promise.
好的。我保證。