Oh where to begin...
從何說起呢……
life can be a thorn in your side
生活可能化作你側肋上的一根刺
(or in my case, a nail)
在我這個故事中,是一根釘子
leaving you feeling defeated
讓你感到挫敗
and full of self doubt and disappointment.
讓你滿心自我懷疑,悲觀失望
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
不是只有你才會這樣!
But you need to know one thing
但你要知道一件事
-the only way to make lemonade out of those nasty molded lemons life throws your way,
生活朝你扔來苦澀的檸檬,你可以把它們變成甘甜的檸檬汁,唯一的辦法
is to change your attitude about it all.
就是改變你對這一切的態度
You see,
你明白了嗎
it’s not necessarily about the situation you find yourself in,
最重要的并不一定是你所身處的處境
but the way you respond to it.
而是你應對它的態度
Let me explain...
讓我解釋一下
Do not expect to be treated fairly in this life.
請不要奢望生活會對你公允
My 43 years have taught me that.
我43年的人生閱歷教會了我這一點
Just get over it now.
放下過去就好
If you start each day acknowledging the fact that
如果你在每一天剛開始的時候都能意識到一個事實
you will more than likely hit a "pothole" or two,
即,你很可能會踩入一個,甚至兩個泥坑
then you are already a step ahead.
那么,你已經朝未來邁進了一大步
But here is where it gets tricky...
但是,至此,事情也變得復雜起來
When you are cruising along
如果你只是在生活之路上信馬由韁
and catching every green light in life
每個生活的岔路口都會遇到綠燈
with no traffic around
周圍也沒有其他車輛阻礙交通
and everyone is following the rules
每個人都在按規矩行事
and all is good,
一切都十分美好
out of nowhere one of those proverbial potholes makes it’s presence
直到傳說中的一個路坑沒來由的突然出現,
known in the form of a flat tire.
看到被扎破的輪胎你才知道發生了什么
Now, you are allowed to be upset
現在,生活允許你情緒低沉
and maybe a bit scared or worried,
或許還有些害怕或者擔心
but don’t live there.
不要沉湎于此
Pack up your bags and move on.
收拾好行裝,繼續上路
May your response be "I won’t let this slow me down."
希望你對這件事的反應是,“我不會讓這件事放慢我前進的速度”
Choose to see it as a life lesson...
你可以選擇將它視為生活給你的一個教訓
hitting the pothole made you aware that
踩進路坑會讓你明白
all 4 tires were dangerously bald
生活之路上載你前行的四個輪胎都狀態極差,情況危急