One small, thoughtful gesture can make someone else’s day...
一個細微體貼之舉可以使別人的一天很開心……
1. Say "Good morning" to a person standing next to you in the elevator.
在電梯里對站在身邊的人說“早安”。
2. Pay the toll for the driver behind you.
為您后面的司機支付過路費。
toll n.稅,通行費
[t??l]
3. Take a minute to direct someone who is lost, even though you’re rushing.
即使有急事,也花一點時間給迷路的人指路。
4. Write a letter to a child who could use some extra attention. Kids love getting mail.
給一個能獲得額外關(guān)注的孩子寫封信,小孩子喜歡收到信件。
5. Offer to pick up groceries for an elderly neighbor, especially in extreme weather.
為年邁的鄰居搬貨物,特別是在極端的天氣情況下里。
grocery n.食品,雜貨
[’ɡr??s?r?]
6. Give a homeless person your doggie bag.
將你打包的剩菜袋送給一位無家可歸的人。
doggie n.小狗
[’d?g?]
7. Say "I love you" to someone you love.
對你愛的人說“我愛你”。
8. Put a coin in an expired meter.
往超時的停車計時器里面放枚硬幣。
9. Help a mother carry her baby stroller up the subway stairs, or hold a door open for her.
幫助一個母親把嬰兒車推上地鐵樓梯,或者為她開著門。
10. Each time you get a new item of clothing, give away something old.
每當你有了新衣服,給別人一些舊的。
11. Take someone’s shift as the car-pool parent.
替某人家長代班,開車載他家的孩子一起去學校。
12. Bring your assistant coffee.
為您的助理倒杯咖啡。
13. Out of the blue, send flowers to a friend.
突然地送花給朋友。
14. Say "please" and "thank you"—and really mean it.
真誠的說“請”和“謝謝”。
15. When you’re on a crowded train or bus, offer your seat to an elderly, disabled or pregnant person.
你在一個擁擠的火車或公交上給老弱病殘孕讓個座。