Today l will be master of my emotions.
今天我學會控制情緒。
And how will I master my emotions so that every day is a happy day, and a productive one?
我怎樣才能控制情緒,讓每天充滿幸福和歡樂?
I will learn this secret of the ages: Weak is he who permits his thoughts to control his actions;strong is he who forces his actions to control his thoughts.
我要學會這個千古秘訣:弱者任思緒控制行為,強者讓行控制思緒。
Each day, when I awaken, I will follow this plan of battle before I am captured by the forces of sadness, self-pity and failure-
每天醒來當我被悲傷、自憐、失敗的情緒包圍時,我就這樣與之對抗:
If I feel depressed I will sing.
沮喪時,我引吭高歌。
If I feel sad I will laugh.
悲傷時,我開懷大笑。
If I feel ill I will double my labor.
病痛時,我加倍工作。
If I feel fear I will plunge ahead.
恐懼時,我勇往直前。
plunge v.陷入,全身心投入,俯沖
If I feel inferior I will wear new garments.
自卑時,我換上新裝。
inferior a.低劣的,下級的
[?n?f??ri?(r)]
If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.
不安時,我提高嗓聲。
If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.
窮困潦倒時,我想象未來的富有。
poverty n.貧窮,貧瘠,缺乏
[?p?v?ti]
If I feel incompetent I will remember past success.
力不從心時,我回想過去的成功。
incompetent a.無能力的,不勝任的
[?n’k?mp?t?nt]
If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.
自輕自賤時,我想想自己的目標。
Today I will be master of my emotions.
總之,今天我要學會控制自己的情緒。
Henceforth, I will know that only those with inferior ability can always be at their best, and I am not inferior.There will be days When I must IN THE WORLD constantly struggle against forces which would tear me down.
從今往后,我明白了,只有低能者才會江郎才盡,我并非低能者,我必須不斷對抗那限些企圖摧垮我的力量。
Those such as despair and sadness are simple to recognize but there are others which approach with a smile and the hand of friendship and they can also destroy me. Against them,too, I must never relinquish control:
失望與悲傷一眼就會被識破,而其它許多敵人是不易覺察的。它們往往面帶微笑,卻隨時可能將我們摧垮。對它們,我們永遠不能放松警惕。
relinquish v.放棄,讓出,松手
[r?’l??kw??]