在YouTube上,有一個微電影被許多評論家評為反科學(Anti-technology)。這個視頻由Gary Turk編寫、表演并執導。
I have 422 friends, yet I amlonely
我有422個朋友,但我還是孤伶伶的。
I speakto all of them every day, yet none of them really know me.
我每天跟他們所有人說話,但他們沒有一人真正了解我。
The problem I have sits in thespaces between
我所擁有的問題,存在於那之中的空間
Lookinginto their eyes, or at a name on a screen.
是要看著他們的雙眼,或是看著螢幕上的名字
I took a step back and opened myeyes,
我向后退了一步,并睜開我的雙眼,
I lookedaround and realized,
我環顧四周,發現,
Thismedia we call social is anything but
這個我們稱作社交的媒體一點也不社交
When weopen our computers and it’s our doors we shut.
當我們打開我們的電腦,我們就關上了那道門。
All this technology we have, it’sjust an illusion,
我們擁有的所有這些科技,只是個假象
Communitycompanionship, a sense of inclusion, yet
社會的陪伴、一種包容感,然而
When youstep away from this device of delusion
當你遠離這個欺瞞的裝置,
Youawaken to see a world of confusion,
你會覺醒看見這個充滿混淆的世界,
A worldwhere we’re slaves to the technology we mastered
一個我們受到我們精通的科技所奴役的世界
Whereinformation gets sold by some rich greedy bastard,
在那兒資訊被某些富有貪婪的混蛋出賣,
A worldof self interest, self image, self promotion
一個充斥個人利益、個人影像、個人推廣的世界
Where weall share our best bits, but leave out the emotion.
在那兒我們全都分享我們最好的一面,但將情緒拋諸腦后。
We’re at our most happy with anexperience we share,
我們在分享經驗時是最快樂的,
But isit the same if no one is there?
但如果沒人同在,還會是一樣的嗎?
Be there for your friends andthey’ll be there too,
對你的朋友伸出援手,他們也會同等付出
But noone will be if a group message will do.
但如果有個群組訊息可以做到的話,就沒人會去做。
We edit and exaggerate, craveadulation.
我們編輯、夸大、渴望得到奉承。
Wepretend not to notice the social isolation.
我們假裝沒有注意到社交孤立。
We putour words into order and tint our lives a glistening.
我們將我們的文字依序編排,將我們的生活點綴得閃閃發光。
We don’teven know if anyone is listening.
我們甚至不曉得是否有任何人在傾聽。
Being alone isn’t a problem,
孤獨并不是個問題,
Let mejust emphasize, if you read a book, paint a picture, or do some exercise.
讓我就再強調,如果你讀本書、畫幅畫、或做些運動
You’rebeing productive and present, not reserved and recluse.
你是具有生產力且活在當下的,不是沉默且孤獨的。
You’rebeing awake and attentive and putting your time to good use.
你正清醒且全心投入,并有效利用你的時間
So whenyou’re in public, and you start to feel alone
所以當你處在群眾之中,你開始感到孤單的時候,
Put yourhands behind your head, step away from the phone.
就將你的雙手放在頭的后面,遠離手機。
Youdon’t need to stare at your menu, or at your contact list.
你不需要盯著你的選單,或是你的通訊錄。